Leslie A. Satterlee
Leslie is a partner with Woodnick Law and has been practicing family law exclusively since graduating cum laude from ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Known for her exclusive dedication to family law — and in particular the financial matters of divorce — Leslie always strives to find creative solutions for her clients.
Leslie serves as a Judge Pro Tem in the Maricopa County Superior Court, where she frequently provides ADR services via settlement conferences.
Leslie’s breadth of practice ranges from helping military parents resolve relocation issues to complex financial dissolutions for business owners, involving valuations, asset division, and forensic accounting.
“She’s got heart and compassion,” said one former client, “and yet she’s all-business. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it. There were times throughout the process when I lost track and started to get emotional, but Leslie kept the conversation on-topic with a gentle, sympathetic hand. She made sure I got the very most out of our time together, which was a pleasant surprise. I’ve never heard of a lawyer doing that.”
In her free time, Leslie enjoys eating out, craft beers, running, and CrossFit, volunteering for the MCBA’s Legal Assistance to Women and Shelters, and volunteering for non-profits like the Ronald McDonald House’s Red Shoe Society.
When asked what she couldn’t live without, there was no hesitation.
“Chai tea lattes,” she said.
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Star, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- State Bar of Arizona Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- MCBA Young Lawyer Division, Member of the Year, 2009
- ASU College of Law Pro Bono Distinction, Class of 2006, 2011
- Professional associations and memberships
- Ronald McDonald House, Red Shoe Society Member, 2013 to present
- State Bar of Arizona, Family Law Practice and Procedure Committee, Member, 2013 – 2016
- Maricopa County Bar Foundation, Board Member, 2013
- MCBA Young Lawyers Division, Chair, 2012, Board Member, 2008 – 2013
- MCBA Family Law Section, Chair, 2011, Director, 2008 – 2012
- Legal Assistance to Women and Shelters (LAWS), 2009 – present