Leslie A. Satterlee
Leslie is a partner with Woodnick Law and has been practicing family law exclusively since graduating cum laude from ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. She is known for her exclusive dedication to family law and her focus in resolving financial issues involved in divorces. She prides herself on her ability to find creative solutions to help her clients.
Leslie’s practice focuses on financially complex cases with tax implications, corporate dissolutions for business owners, intricate asset divisions, forensic accounting and support matters; however, she also handles child-related cases including legal decision making and parenting time disputes, helping military parents resolve relocation issues, and same sex parenting time issues.
“She’s got heart and compassion,” said one former client, “and yet she’s all-business. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it. There were times throughout the process when I lost track and started to get emotional, but Leslie kept the conversation on-topic with a gentle, sympathetic hand. She made sure I got the very most out of our time together, which was a pleasant surprise. I’ve never heard of a lawyer doing that.”
In her free time, Leslie enjoys being outside, reading, and volunteering for community groups and organizations.
When asked what she couldn’t live without, there was no hesitation. “Coffee,” she said.
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Star, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- State Bar of Arizona Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- MCBA Young Lawyer Division, Member of the Year, 2009
- ASU College of Law Pro Bono Distinction, Class of 2006, 2011
JD, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ronald McDonald House, Red Shoe Society Member, 2013 to 2014
- State Bar of Arizona, Family Law Practice and Procedure Committee, Member, 2013 – 2016
- Maricopa County Bar Foundation, Board Member, 2013
- MCBA Young Lawyers Division, Chair, 2012, Board Member, 2008 – 2013
- MCBA Family Law Section, Chair, 2011, Director, 2008 – 2012
- Executive and Community Committees – Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk